Considerations 6 and 7 Why Are There Two Lists Of Ingredients On Infant Formula Containers?

Ribonuclease is a type of nuclease that catalyzes the degradation of RNA into smaller components. Ribonucleases can be divided into endoribonucleases and exoribonucleases, and comprise several sub-classes within the EC 2.7 and 3.1 classes of enzymes. Wikipedia

The sixth consideration.

Infant formulas have about than fifty ingredients. Very few are found in breastmilk.

The seventh  consideration.

In Canada containers of infant formula have two lists of ingredients on their labels. There is the list of ingredients. The second list is called “nutrition information”. There is significant difference between the two lists. The nutrition information list contains ingredients that are recognized. The inference is that the nutrients on the ingredients list transform themselves into the ingredients on the “nutrition information” list.

This is the list of ingredients.

Corn maltodextrin, casein hydrolysate [derived from milk], high oleic safflower oil, medium chain triglycerides [modified coconut and/or palm kernel oil, sucrose, soy oil, modified corn starch, calcium citrate, calcium phosphate, potassium citrate, xanthan gum, potassium phosphate, M. alpina oil*, L-tyrosine, magnesium chloride,  L-cystine hydrochloride, sodium chloride, ascorbic acid, C. cohnii oil**. L-tryptophan, choline chloride, ferrous sulphate, potassium chloride, taurine, m-inositol, dl-a-tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate, zinc sulphate, L-carnitine, mixed tocopherols, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, cupric sulphate, vitamin A palmitate, riboflavin,

thiamine chloride hydrochloride, pyridoxinehydrochloride, folic acid, potassium iodide, phylloquinone, biotin, sodium selenite, vitamin D3, cyanocobalamin.

“Pinguicula alpina, also known as the alpine butterwort, is species of carnivorous plant native to high latitudes and altitudes throughout Eurasia.” Wikipedia

This is one of the genetically modified ingredients. I will make some comments about GMOs  later in this document.

These are the ingredients that will survive the preserving  processes, and the extended shelf life demands that occur with HMS. The folic acid that I used was 90% pure. The other 10% is not listed. I wonder if the other ingredients have extra ingredients?

This is the “nutrition information” list.

Energy, protein, carbohydrates, fat [linoleic acid, linolenic acid, arachidonic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, carbohydrate, vitamin a, vitamin d3, vitamin e, vitamin k1, vitamin c, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin b6, folic acid, vitamin b12, biotin, choline, inositol, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, potassium, chloride, iron, zinc, copper, manganese, iodine, selenium, ash, carnitine, taurine, tryptophan, cystine, tyrosine.